Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Hey Where is Everybody ??













I live in Hawaii, and play on Earthen Ring, a US server who's "time" is 5 or 6 hours behind my own. Since I typically logon after my kids go to bed (~9:00 pm in Hawaii, 3:00 am server time), the server is usually pretty deserted. This doesn't bother me - it is actually nice when solo grinding/questing - but it can make it very hard to find a group for running instances. During my usual playing time there are few guildmembers (maybe 6 to 12) playing, and only a couple in my level range. The LFG system is often deserted too. This week I've been using the LFG system each night for RFK, Gnomer, and Scarlet Monestary, with no groups at all.

I've tried /who, and am considering trying the "polite whisper" addon, but I don't like to bother people. I'm continuing to level through questing, but I love the instances in the game and don't want to level past them, and their typically better gear drops.

My other option would be to use an oceanic server. I do have a couple of low level toons on one of them (Jubei'Thos), and their population is much higher at the time I usually play. I really don't want to leave Commish or the Alea Iacta Est guild behind though. = - (

No comments: